Re: growisofs(v5.12): Curren write speed <-> write Speed#0

> > > As it is now I'd say that you simply suffer from some
> > > particular media brand/batch being poorly supported by your firmware.
> >
> > so generally it's a firmware <-> media brand problem
>
> I wouldn't say "it *is*," I'd say "it's believed to be."

right :-)

> > before a failer (& i think after i pass -speed=4) dvd+rw-mediainfo
> > does displays 1x,2x,4x for DVD-R, after a failer it displays only
> > current 1x & write #0 4x
>
> Even more reasons to believe that it's firmware deficiency.
>
> > if it's firmware problem it shouldn't change to bigger speed
> > even if the media is different kind right ?
> > but if i do not find different media,
> > i should use the speed setting to avoid OPC problems
> > or to fix OPC problems, correct ?
>
> If it's a subtle bug in unit firmware, there hardly is "right" or
> "wrong." Behaviour caused by bugs seldom [if ever] makes sense. So stop
> asking yourself if something is "right," instead start being observant,
> find reliable way to reproduce the problem and report it to the vendor.
> Well, if you care that is. Alternative is just to accept it as a fact,
> find quick workaround and live with it. There're worse things we accept
> and leave with:-) A.

hm,
the drive was actually a OEM, the cheaper DRU-10A (or was it DRW-10A)
so no suport at all  and i'll have to live with it in one or another way :-)
(use better media or hack again k3b to add -speed option )
( and if i remmember correctly the only 4x recomended media was sony :-) )

thanks for the fast reply

best,

svetjo

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net