Re: growisofs(v5.12): Curren write speed <-> write Speed#0

> > As it is now I'd say that you simply suffer from some
> > particular media brand/batch being poorly supported by your firmware.
>
> so generally it's a firmware <-> media brand problem

I wouldn't say "it *is*," I'd say "it's believed to be."

> before a failer (& i think after i pass -speed=4) dvd+rw-mediainfo
> does displays 1x,2x,4x for DVD-R, after a failer it displays only
> current 1x & write #0 4x

Even more reasons to believe that it's firmware deficiency.

> if it's firmware problem it shouldn't change to bigger speed
> even if the media is different kind right ?
> but if i do not find different media,
> i should use the speed setting to avoid OPC problems
> or to fix OPC problems, correct ?

If it's a subtle bug in unit firmware, there hardly is "right" or
"wrong." Behaviour caused by bugs seldom [if ever] makes sense. So stop
asking yourself if something is "right," instead start being observant,
find reliable way to reproduce the problem and report it to the vendor.
Well, if you care that is. Alternative is just to accept it as a fact,
find quick workaround and live with it. There're worse things we accept
and leave with:-) A.