Re: growisofs & DVD-R : "media is not formatted or unsupported"

> This is why I bought this media "Sentinel DVD-R4.7".
> INQUIRY:                [_NEC    ][DVD_RW ND-1300A ][1.05]
>  MediaID:               DDD DVDR

NEC firmware is well-known for really poor support for some DVD-dash
media brands.

> :-[ LBA=0h, SENSE KEY=5h/ASC=30h/ASCQ=05h ]
> :-[ media is not formatted or unsupported ]

And this lack of support reportedly manifests in this very manner,
"media is unsupported." There're new firmware images available from NEC,
upgrade or stick to media explicitly recommended by NEC.

> Is there something else I could try to get growisofs working
> with this media?

No, and I don't think there's anything you can do except trying new
firmware.

> READ DISC INFORMATION:
>  Disc status:           blank
>
> And finally a tricky (?) one: Did I actually burn something to this media,
> or is it completely empty?

As Volker absolutely correctly pointed out, you didn't. A.