growisofs & DVD-R : "media is not formatted or unsupported"

I've been using growisofs for some months, and I've been
quite happy, thanks Andy!

During those months, I found out that my stand-alone DVD-player
(Cyber Home CH-DVD 402) is not able to play DVD+R media, but it is
able to play DVD-R media (and DVD-RW, DVD+RW). The DVD+R media
I burn plays happily in the stand-alone DVD-player of a friend of
mine, but not in mine, even though I think I tried everything Andy
suggests on his help page (including -dvd-video).

For some reason, DVD-R media seems to be less available and
more expensive in this neighborhood than DVD+R.
This is why I bought this media "Sentinel DVD-R4.7".

When I try to burn something it tells me (even with -speed=1):

:-[ LBA=0h, SENSE KEY=5h/ASC=30h/ASCQ=05h ]
:-[ media is not formatted or unsupported ]
:-( write failed: Invalid argument

Is there something else I could try to get growisofs working
with this media?

Or should I try cdrecord-ProDVD? According to Andy's page it
uses a different strategy (Disk-at-once) to write...
Or should I try some software under windows? Which one?
Or is it my burner, which is uncompatible with this media?

Here is the mediainfo:

INQUIRY:                [_NEC    ][DVD_RW ND-1300A ][1.05]
GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION:
 Mounted Media:         11h, DVD-R Sequential
READ DVD STRUCTURE[#E]:
 MediaID:               DDD DVDR
 Current Write Speed:   706KB/s, 0.5x
 Write Speed Descrip#0: 2822KB/s, 2.0x
 Write Speed Descrip#1: 1411KB/s, 1.0x
 Write Speed Descrip#2: 706KB/s, 0.5x
READ DVD STRUCTURE[#10h]:
 Media Book Type:       25h, DVD-R book [revision 5]
 Legacy lead-out at:    2298495*2KB=4707317760
READ DVD STRUCTURE[#0h]:
 Media Book Type:       25h, DVD-R book [revision 5]
 Last border-out at:    2298495*2KB=4707317760
READ DISC INFORMATION:
 Disc status:           blank
 Number of Sessions:    1
 State of Last Session: empty
 Number of Tracks:      1

READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
 Track State:           invisible incremental
 Track Start Address:   0*2KB
 Next Writable Address: 0*2KB
 Free Blocks:           2297888*2KB
 Track Size:            2297888*2KB

And finally a tricky (?) one: Did I actually burn something to this media,
or is it completely empty?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Ivan