Re: displaying fonts with sub pixel rendering broken?

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 15:34 +0200, Seiden Tiger wrote:

> Yesterday 18.5.05 i upgraded my Sid system. And now all fonts are looking
> terrible compared to earlier. I tried to fix this by installing an older
> package of xfont-encodings. But it didn't help :-(.
>
> I don't know where this problem comes from, so i can't file a bug report. I
> tried to install a self compiled libfreetype6. But it didn't help.

Still, it's most likely related to libfreetype6; that upgrade caused a
visible change in font rendering here as well, though thankfully not
nearly as bad as it seems for you.

The X font packages you upgraded that day only apply to legacy server
side font rendering and aren't involved in client side font rendering as
used by modern desktop environments.