displaying fonts with sub pixel rendering broken?

Hi

Yesterday 18.5.05 i upgraded my Sid system. And now all fonts are looking
terrible compared to earlier. I tried to fix this by installing an older
package of xfont-encodings. But it didn't help :-(.

I don't know where this problem comes from, so i can't file a bug report. I
tried to install a self compiled libfreetype6. But it didn't help.  I am
using KDE as DE. I also tried to downgrade libxfont1 to the -3 version
without success. So if some of you X gurus has some idea it would be really
apreciated.

Here is the list of all the packages i installed that day obtained with
grep ^2006-05-18 dpkg.log|grep installed |awk '{print $5}'|sort |uniq
amarok
amarok-arts
amarok-engines
amarok-gstreamer