should XftFreetype.h be exported?

(I got no responses on xpert, so I'll try here..)

I'm trying to compile a cvs checkout of pango, and running into
problems.  It seems that redhat includes XftFreetype.h and Xft.h
w/ their xfree86-devel package, and debian includes only Xft.h
in xlibs-dev (all under /usr/include/X11/Xft/).  The question is,
who is correct?  X 4.0.2's default is to export only Xft.h; this
means that something 'xfont->xft_font->u.ft.font->face' (where
xft_font is a 'struct XftFont*') cannot happen, since XftFontStruct
is only declared, not defined, and it's attempting to dereference
one of them.

Where should the problem be fixed?  Should redhat and pango not
use XftFreetype.h, or should X itself export XftFreetype.h in
4.0.3?

Oh, please CC: me on any replies, since I'm not on the list.

--
"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited
by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when