Re: Future direction of Debian XFree86 packaging (was: 4.3.0 progress / desire to help)

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 03:44:11PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 03:22:11PM -0400, Chris wrote:
> > What frustrates me personally is not the fact that official 4.3.0 packages do
> > not exist but rather that there is nothing available for experimentation.
>
> That's not literally true; Daniel Stone's packages have been available
> for weeks (months?) and have generally been received well.
>
> deb http://www.penguinppc.org/~daniels/sid/$(ARCH) ./
> deb-src http://www.penguinppc.org/~daniels/sid/source ./

Around 6 months, but they aren't really "official" per se.

> Openness
> --------
>
> On the openness front, I believe I have already made a great stride
> forward.  Last month I set up a Subversion repository to house my
> development efforts on several packages, including XFree86, Xft, and
> Xrender.  However, I have not publicized the existence of this resource
> as widely as I might because I was nervous about ViewCVS's
> (experimental) support for Subversion repositories rendering the repo
> inaccessible (this has actually happened several times).  However, I
> haven't seen this happen in a couple of weeks now, so your message
> serves as a good opportunity to give it a little more publicity.
>
> http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/

This repository has already been put to good use - the people/ directory
houses the trees for both myself and Branden (which I hope to merge
again soon), and it's been very useful for us both to see where the
other's going).

:) d

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>