Re: Problem with Sony Vaio PCG-R505GL

I wrote:
> X doesn't work on this laptop.  I've tried the Debian 4.2.1-6 packages,
> Daniel Stone's 4.3.0-0ds4 packages and 4.2.1-6 plus the patch found at
> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/linux/c400.html#xfree86

This problem is now solved.  I upgraded the kernel from the 2.4.18-bf2.4
that was installed by Debian to a homegrown 2.4.21-rc2 kernel.  Then my
4.2.1-6.1 X packages work fine.  Probably worth noting for the next time
someone has this problem.  Rumour has it X 4.3 should work out of the box,
but I haven't tested that yet.