Re: The website is not building correctly (git pull stalled)

在 2019-04-05五的 00:34 +0200,Cyril Brulebois写道:
> Hi,
>
> Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org> (2019-04-04):
> > El 4/4/19 a las 19:54, Boyuan Yang escribió:
> > > Is there any possibility that we do a "git reset --hard HEAD; git
> > > clean -xdf" before actually "git pull"?
> > >

> > My git skills are not enough to know if this could have unintended
> > consequences in www-master.debian.org, or if it would penalise the
> > build time. I tend to think that if a normal "git pull" fails, we'd
> > like to have a look at where is the issue, as in this case.
> >
> > In any case, I have created a merge request with your suggestions
> > as
> > addition to the 2git script in our cron repo:
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/cron/merge_requests/3
> >
> > I hope others can merge or comment on that.
>
> The first command is similar to “git checkout -f” → forgetting about
> all local changes; the second command is basically about removing all
> untracked files, meaning killing all generated files.
>
> This would make sure there are no leftovers, ever. Or let us detect
> issues (like some that I reported a few weeks ago) that could be
> hidden if a build had happened previously. But the build time
> penalties don't seem worth it?

I don't have access to the production server thus didn't know how were
the generated HTML pages placed; if they are always placed together
with all the source code and being ignored by git, the second command
does not make sense and we should not remove the generated files using
"git clean -xdf" every time. However, the first git command should be
okay.

--
Thanks,
Boyuan Yang