Re: The website is not building correctly (git pull stalled)

Hi,

Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org> (2019-04-04):
> El 4/4/19 a las 19:54, Boyuan Yang escribió:
> > Is there any possibility that we do a "git reset --hard HEAD; git
> > clean -xdf" before actually "git pull"?
> >

> My git skills are not enough to know if this could have unintended
> consequences in www-master.debian.org, or if it would penalise the
> build time. I tend to think that if a normal "git pull" fails, we'd
> like to have a look at where is the issue, as in this case.
>
> In any case, I have created a merge request with your suggestions as
> addition to the 2git script in our cron repo:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/cron/merge_requests/3
>
> I hope others can merge or comment on that.

The first command is similar to “git checkout -f” → forgetting about
all local changes; the second command is basically about removing all
untracked files, meaning killing all generated files.

This would make sure there are no leftovers, ever. Or let us detect
issues (like some that I reported a few weeks ago) that could be
hidden if a build had happened previously. But the build time
penalties don't seem worth it?

Cheers,