Re: The website is not building correctly (git pull stalled)

Hello Boyua

El 4/4/19 a las 19:54, Boyuan Yang escribió:
> Dear all,
>
> The website is not updating correctly.
>
> https://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/webwml/git_update.log shows that
> there are some local changes that are not committed thus "git pull" would exit
> without doing anything.
>
> From https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml
>    69ba1b173fc..97729276414  master        -> origin/master
>  * [new branch]              fight-entropy -> origin/fight-entropy
> error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by
> merge:
> 	english/lts/security/ref-table.inc
> Please commit your changes or stash them before you merge.
> Aborting
> Updating c234875ad36..97729276414
> Command exited with non-zero status 1
> 1.40user 0.48system 0:05.41elapsed 34%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata
> 85564maxresident)k
> 200152inputs+1040outputs (1921major+35852minor)pagefaults 0swaps

Thanks for the heads-up.

The issue has been due to that my initial commit creating the
/lts/security section included a file that is a generated file and thus,
shouldn't be part of the repo. I have fixed that, and did a git checkout
-- english/lts/ref-table.inc in www-master.debian.org, and then I could
do a git pull without issues.

The website will be updated in the next build, I hope. I'll keep an eye
in the logs.

> Is there any possibility that we do a "git reset --hard HEAD; git clean -xdf"
> before actually "git pull"?

My git skills are not enough to know if this could have unintended
consequences in www-master.debian.org, or if it would penalise the build
time. I tend to think that if a normal "git pull" fails, we'd like to
have a look at where is the issue, as in this case.

In any case, I have created a merge request with your suggestions as
addition to the 2git script in our cron repo:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/cron/merge_requests/3

I hope others can merge or comment on that.

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona