Re: Sell CD/DVD +USB?

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 3:14 AM, Alexandre Delanoë wrote:

> CD/DVD/USB are neutral media whereas Blu-Ray Discs  seems to be patented by
> Sony, isn't it ?

Indeed, DVD is also patented though.

http://www.dvd6cla.com/faq.html

That hasn't prevented Debian from distributing DVD or BD disk images
and it shouldn't prevent us from listing vendors of those on our
website.

>> Probably change into something like "installation media" instead?
>> (and one could discribe it in detail in the first lines of that site like
>
> Installation media sounds fine IMHO.

Agreed.

>> "selling media like CD, DVD, BR, USB sticks etc.  ")
>                                ^Should be BD according Wikipedia but the
>                                                            patent maybe problematic, no ?

>From your message I think you mean trademark not patent? Trademarks do
not restrict referring to something by its name.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise