"Lenny's" twist of fate

I'm presently trying to install "Lenny" on my dinosaur computer. It's an amd 500 with 512 mb ram and a wd 160gb hard drive. After installing I noticed that my serial mouse doesn't work and the initial screen doesn't have any underscores to access by hot keys and tabbing as a plan b. I'm trying to install over my previous installation still without the mouse support. I would also like to know if there are any drivers for old scsi zip100 and jazz drives locked up somewhere haven't been able to find any in my travels so far. please respond because it's been 3 days with various distros and all seem to have their little quirks about working properly. Well this latest attempt seems to have locked up... looks like I have to dump the drive and start over. Merry Christmas to all and to all...