Re: Debian 4

Hello,

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 12:31 +0200, Daniel García wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to download Debian4 R4 or later but I don´t find the link.

The old CD images are archived on:
 http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/

You are probably aware of it, but just in case I'll repeat the usual
warning:
The current release of Debian Etch is 4.0r8 which includes some security
updates and bug fixes that aren't shipped on 4.0r4. However, if you
install the security update on top of 4.0r4, you end up with the same
package as if you installed 4.0r8 with the security updates
Read a point release announcement for clarification:
 http://www.debian.org/News/2009/20090408

To put it another way: The old Etch 4.0r4 is vulnerable to many security
exploits.

Hope this helps,

Franklin