Re: DebianWiki, homepage and Developer Portfolio...

Hi Zack,

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 16:00 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 03:55:53PM +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> > I have almost finished a Macro for the wiki that help
> > create/maintain a sidebar for wiki homepages. (a kind of small
> > Debian Developer Portfolio[1]).

> > What do you think about it? any suggestion?
>
> A usability comment on the way you typeset hyperlinks. Stuff like the
> following:
>
>   Homepage: Go

I have drop my easy implementation:
    if len(label) > 25:
        label = _('Go')
to something more sophisticated, that shrinks URLs (like
"people.d.o/~jdoe", "bugs.d.o/...").

That should do the job (unless someone has a better idea).

Thank you for your feed back.

Franklin