Re: Debian Etch erroneous release date mentioned on website?

Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> I agree that the text can be a bit misleading (esp. if one reads the
> page quickly).
>
> What about something like:
>   Debian GNU/Linux 4.0r0 was released April 8th, 2007. The release
>   included many major changes, described in our press release and the
>   Release Notes. The latest "point release" (4.0r8) update was
>   published on April 8th, 2009

Missing "." at the end, but otherwise I think it's a big improvement.

Note that all releases before Etch already correctly list the date of the
r0 release, it was only changed for Etch and Lenny.

Can you make it so that the last sentence is only displayed if there
actually are point releases? IIRC that should be possible. Something like
that is already done in releases/lenny/errata.wml.

Cheers,
FJP