Re: more translated po files for hebrew

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 01:57:04PM +0200, Oz Nahum wrote:
> I was away for a bit. But work kept going, I did translate a little bit more
> of the po files.
> I'll be happy if someone submitted it.

Thanks, I will commit it nearly unchanged once the CVS server is up
again (currently it times out).

A few comments:

In others.he.po you translated:
"Subscription:"
"הרשמה"

Is it OK that there is no ":" in the translation? Same for message "Your
E-Mail address:".

The file others.he.po has a width of 247 (multi-byte) characters (440 bytes).
That's not optimal, see
http://www.debian.org/devel/website/htmlediting#general:
"do not use long lines
  The wml files and other files should have lines fitting in a normal
  terminal window. This is easier to edit in vi, better searchable and
  easier to translate. It's also important because CVS is line orientated
  and it's harder to resolve conflicts in long lines."

Why do you don't translate "URL" in search.he.po? Yep, this file will
currently not be used at all and probably the best translation would be
"URL" which will be used nevertheless but such an untranslated message
will be displayed in the statistics on bottom of
http://www.debian.org/devel/website/stats/he.html

There were two syntax errors:
$ LANG=C msgfmt -cv ports.he.po
ports.he.po:118:19: invalid control sequence
ports.he.po:122:19: invalid control sequence
msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors

msgid "Debian GNU/NetBSD for i386"
msgstr "דביאן GNU\NetBSD עבור ארכיטקטורת i386"

(invalid use of \N escape sequence, I replaced \ with /, same for the
other message)

countries.he.po and organization.he.po didn't contain any changes. No
need to send such files.

I'm now awaiting further translations, especially of the main page
www.debian.org :-) Thanks,

Jens