Re: Hebrew Translation for Debian About Page

Hi!

Parts have already been answered, so I'll leave those out.

Oz Nahum:

> I translated the html and modified the CSS code. I did it because
> Hebrew need to be read from right to left as you probably know. My
> modification could be used also for Pharsi and Arabic languages.

As far as I know, most of the style sheets used on the web site should
be neutral to text directionality. For the current translations, there
are some references to setting the "dir" attribute on the top-level
HTML tag in the templates, see for instance
http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/english/template/debian/header.wml?root=webwml&view=markup
and
http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/english/template/debian/basic.wml?root=webwml&view=markup
(search for "rtl" in the text).

> So, the next step will be to read and learn wml ?

For the most part, if you know HTML already, learning WML is trivial.
It's just HTML with some parts moved to templates, and some in-line
scripting added. At least in the beginning, you just need to know which
parts to keep your hands off, and then, when you get used to it, you
can start looking at some more advanced bits (if you want to).

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/