Re: Translating packages.debian.org (Call for translations)

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 04:06:36AM +0900, Kobayashi Noritada wrote:
> > As most of you might have noticed, packages.debian.org has gone through
> > quite some changes in the last months. After this has now stabilized
> > somewhat and after I (mostly) fixed the l10n support again, I would now welcome
> > translations of these websites.
>
> As a translator, I checked translated web pages on experimental
> packages.debian.net.  I have some comments:
>
> * Although properly translated, some longer messages are not
>   localized.  You can see such messages in, e.g.,
>   http://packages.debian.net/experimental/dpkg/i386/download .  What
>   those messages have in common is "\n" in msgid.  It may be related
>   to the fact that lines are indented in the output HTML pages, but
>   I'm not sure.  Anyway, we must deal with that bug to make those
>   messages localized.

Yeah, it seems TT is not very careful regarding adding whitespace to
strings. Will fix.

> * There are some mysterious "also a <translation for "virtual package
>   provided by">" in, e.g., http://packages.debian.net/sid/dpkg ,
>   generated from show.tmpl.  They should be localized properly.

Yeah, that was clearly an error on my side. Will fix.

> If these messages should be sent as bug reports, sorry...

I don't care. If I don't react to a mail in a few days it is always
safer to resend as a bug report. But otherwise no reason to trouble the
BTS with it.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>