Re: Translating packages.debian.org (Call for translations)

Hi,

From: Frank Lichtenheld
Subject: Translating packages.debian.org (Call for translations)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 00:04:49 +0200

> As most of you might have noticed, packages.debian.org has gone through
> quite some changes in the last months. After this has now stabilized
> somewhat and after I (mostly) fixed the l10n support again, I would now welcome
> translations of these websites.

As a translator, I checked translated web pages on experimental
packages.debian.net.  I have some comments:

* Although properly translated, some longer messages are not
  localized.  You can see such messages in, e.g.,
  http://packages.debian.net/experimental/dpkg/i386/download .  What
  those messages have in common is "\n" in msgid.  It may be related
  to the fact that lines are indented in the output HTML pages, but
  I'm not sure.  Anyway, we must deal with that bug to make those
  messages localized.

* There are some mysterious "also a <translation for "virtual package
  provided by">" in, e.g., http://packages.debian.net/sid/dpkg ,
  generated from show.tmpl.  They should be localized properly.

If these messages should be sent as bug reports, sorry...

Thanks,

-nori