Re: want to help

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 08:10:46AM +0200, florian.gillig wrote:
[...]
> Now I want to join the debian project as an active member.

Great !

> Before I start, I would like to contact the people in charge of debian www
> in french (if there any one ?).

There are some ones, like me, Frédéric Bothamy and many others.

You can also read http://www.debian.org/intl/french for translation
work, as well as http://www.debian.org/intl/french/web

> I've just found a 404 error : http://www.debian.fr/doc/ (go on
> http://www.debian.fr and click on "Documentation" on the left).

This particular bug is a issue with only the website mirror www.debian.fr

Since this mirror is not official nore registered in the list of
mirrors, we cannot do anything special about it ..
You may try to contact its admin (see 'whois debian.fr')

> Where can I report this "bug" ? I think here is the good place... (is
> there any bugzilla-like system ?)

See http://bugs.debian.org
For bugs that are related to one ore many *OFFICIAL* web mirrors, the
right 'pseudopackage' to submit a bug is 'mirrors'.
http://bugs.debian.org/mirrors

If the bug you want to submit is specific to the website itself (= not
to a bad mirrored webserver), the right pseudopackage is
'www.debian.org'
http://bugs.debian.org/www.debian.org

Depending on your interrest (design, structure, translation), you can
also have a look at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWebSiteProject

If you want to speak about that in french, you may join #debian-l10n-fr
on irc.

Regards,

--
Simon Paillard