Re: want to help

Le Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 08:10:46AM +0200, florian.gillig florian.gillig a écrit :

>    Now I want to join the debian project as an active member.

>    Before I start, I would like to contact the people in charge of debian www
>    in french (if there any one ?).

>    Who are actually the "active workers" on debian www ? (If you have some
>    informations about teams and people who works for debian www)

>    I've found [1]http://www.debian.org/devel/website/ , is there any other
>    usefull page I should know/read ?

>    I've just found a 404 error : [2]http://www.debian.fr/doc/ (go on
>    [3]http://www.debian.fr and click on "Documentation" on the left). Where can
>    I report this "bug" ? I think here is the good place... (is there any
>    bugzilla-like system ?)

Hi Florian,

One fast way to get experienced with the debian website could be to
participate to the translations. Just doing the proofreading would make
you visit many pages. See http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-french/
and http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating.fr.html for more
information.

The people who maintain the www pages are usually those who are directly
concerned by their contents. For example, I am active in Debian-Med, and
sometimes modify the website under http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med ,
but I never wander in parent directories.

Bugs are to be reported through the Debian Bug Tracking System (BTS);
you can use reportbug using www.debian.org as pacakge : Debian uses
so-called pseudo-packages for managing issues with its infrastructure.

In summary, my gut feeling is that if you want to help, you can either
join the french translation team or try to find a bug in the BTS which
you can solve.

Bonne journée,

--
Charles Plessy