Re: package of the week

* Andre L. <andrel@yahoo.com> [2003-03-05 20:12]:
> I'm also going to need some help with WML code for
> headers/footers, and to provide a link to the Debian package
> page, since that URL might change in the future.

 And therefore you should just use links of the style:
http://packages.debian.org/<packagename>

 Those should be working always.

> If Joey wants, we might even try to automatically link it into DWN.

 I don't think that this will work well with the mails that has to be
sent out, but I'm not sure if that could be incorporated into Joeys
mailing script.

> Any feedback on the samples is also very welcome.  I'm not
> sure I've yet hit on the right format for things.  Not the
> header/footer issues, but rather things like what to say
> about the package, how much to say, what screenshots to
> include, which links are needed, etc.  (Of course other
> reviewers will do things their own way, and that's fine.)

 I guess the length of the text is appropriate, and the images aren't
that big neither.  I am not really sure why you chose png for the
r-project pictures, jpg should suffice, shouldn't it?  It's not that
teasing pictures must really be true color, and jpg usually produces
smaller sized files.  It should also be decided what quality to use for
them, to came up with a good impression/size ratio.

 Have fun.
Alfie
--
[It is] best to confuse only one issue at a time.
                                  -- K&R