package of the week

During a conversation about possible improvements to DWN,
Joey Schulze suggested getting the old package of the week
(POW) idea going again. [1] The plan is each week we'd
review one featured package on debian.org (probably
somewhere under News/), with a link in the DWN issue.  I've
agreed to do a few reviews, as has Matt Black.

[1] Previous discussion about the POW idea:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200204/msg01803.html

We're looking for some advice on web strategy.

The first question is about including images (screenshots)
in the reviews.  I think we should be okay if we strictly
enforce (perhaps using WML code) a few rules:

1) No more than 100K total of images per review.
2) Any images inlined should be <10K thumbnail linked to fullsize.
3) ALT/TITLE tags should convey the size/format of fullsize.
4) The necessary magic is used to store images in CVS.

I've got two samples of how I think it might work at
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~andrel/pow/

Is this a sane policy?  Are images a problem?

What about sound clips?  These would only rarely be
appropriate, say for something like the festival speech
synthesizer.

I'm also going to need some help with WML code for
headers/footers, and to provide a link to the Debian package
page, since that URL might change in the future.  Probably
also table of contents.  If Joey wants, we might even try to
automatically link it into DWN.  My WML scripting attempts
so far haven't worked.  Anybody willing to help out?

Any feedback on the samples is also very welcome.  I'm not
sure I've yet hit on the right format for things.  Not the
header/footer issues, but rather things like what to say
about the package, how much to say, what screenshots to
include, which links are needed, etc.  (Of course other
reviewers will do things their own way, and that's fine.)

Thanks for any comments,
--Andre