Re: Chinese big5 encoding and PO files

Denis Barbier:

> there are trouble with big5 encoding in PO files, because some
> backslashes are not escaped (e.g. MailingLists/subscribe.wml
> cannot be processed).

Characters in the Big5 encoding may end in 0x5C byte, so the scripts
that handles it need to be aware of the locale and process the
characters accordingly, using the appropriate locale-aware
text-processing functions.

> Maybe fix_big5.pl should be run against those PO files so that MO
> files contain escaped backslashes?

If you insert extra 0x5C bytes into the stream, the text will look very
broken to a Big5 text editor. It is also not possible to directly see
which characters end in a 0x5C byte, so doing this is not feasible.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/