Re: DWN #49 2002 typo?

Hi,

From: Peter Karlsson <peter@softwolves.pp.se>
Subject: Re: DWN #49 2002 typo?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:55:08 +0100 (CET)

> > It reads that Thomas advised Susan to rewrite the entire manual page;
> > though the link[1] says that Susan has already rewritten the page.
>
> No, Thomas did not advise Susan, Thomas advised the readers. Advise can be
> seen as a synonym for "announce" here.

Thank you for explanation.  Now I understand.

I hope more plain words without fear of misunderstanding are used.
Please don't use minor meaning of a word with multiple meanings.
In real, the original Japanese translator translated as Thomas
said Susan to rewrite the entire manual pages and several reviewers
of the translation could not find the mistranslation.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/