Consistent naming of release versions

Hi!

Currently, there are several conflicting uses of release names on
www.debian.org. I would like w.d.o to lead and have some clear
guidelines on how to write these names.

For example, currently one can see both "potato" and "Potato", both
"woody" and "Woody". I propose that the codenames should *always* be
written with a capital letter, since they are all proper names. The
only time they should be written without capital letters are in paths,
for example apt.sources lines.

Another issue is the use of the release statuses ("stable", "testing"
and "unstable") both as proper names ("Use the package in stable") and
as adjectives ("Use the package in the stable distribution"). I would
like to see a consistent use here. It would make it a lot easier to
translate it properly; are they supposed to be proper names (i.e not
translated) or are they supposed to be treated like adjectives (i.e
translated)?

Also, "testing" is not a very good choice of words, since that is not
an adjective, but a verb, which makes it hard to translate contexts
where "stable" and "unstable" are intermixed with "testing". I tend to
rewrite those with an adjectivish word in my Swedish translations.

I was planning to do an overhaul of the Swedish translation to make it
consistent, but realized that the original English isn't...

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  I do not read or respond to mail with HTML attachments.
  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html