Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joy: webwml/english/CD/netinst index.wml

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 01:13:47PM -0800, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
> Modified files:
> 	english/CD/netinst: index.wml
>
> Log message:
> 	link to the FAQ, for the newbies

I don't know, the sentence seems superfluous to me:

  For information what these files are and how to use them, please see
  the FAQ <http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/>.

The phrase "these files" is quite vague and it isn't obvious that you
mean .iso files, since the links don't point directly to .iso files.

Furthermore, the link to the FAQ is the very first thing on /CD/, and
the very first thing in the header on *every* page underneath /CD/ -
if a newbie can't find that, he can't be helped...

(FWIW, only a few days ago we had the first person asking on debian-cd
how to "unpack those .iso files". Sigh.)

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _