Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by norwegian: webwml/norwegian/releases/woody index.wml inst ...

    peter> To add files back, just do a standard cvs add and then a
    peter> cvs commit.

$ cd webwml/norwegian/releases/woody

$ cvs add index.wml
cvs server: index.wml has already been added by second party

$ cvs update index.wml
cvs server: nothing is known about index.wml

[Approximate error messages].

That was the situation, until it magically re-fixed itself within the
last two days.  (An old version of the file somehow got re-insterted
into the woody directory, which I could then check out, replace with
the updated version, and commit).

And no, I was not saying or implying that this was you.  Keep that in
mind, while re-reading what you wrote in the following paragraph:

    peter> Thanks for appreciating that I tried to help keep the
    peter> Norwegian translation up-to-date when all Norwegian
    peter> translators had abandoned it.  I'll try to remember not
    peter> helping you in the future, and instead giving you a bad
    peter> reputation by having your translations showing their age
    peter> when you decide to crawl in under a rock for half a year
    peter> and not answer e-mail :-/

Peter, there is no need to be mean here (even if your action plan
represents nothing new on your end).

First, what e-mail?  All I have seen you write are comments in
debian-www about how you have tried to contact norwegian translators.
Maybe it's a problem on my end -- if you still have any of those
messages around, would you mind re-sending them?  (For some reason,
they may have been dumped in my spam box like last time, or somesuch).

More importantly, where did I say you were to blame for the situation
above?  If you are, then yes, please take what I said to heart.
Otherwise, ignore it.

What I _would_ like to blame^H^H^H^H^H request, is that if you modify
Norwegian text, you either refrain from updating the version numbers,
or add a comment near the top of each file you modify to that effect.
Right now there are places throughout where the translation is
distinctly un-Norwegian (either with a lot of untranslated loanwords,
incorrect word form, quaint phrasing, etc), but not obvious enough
until each paragraph is actually being read through.  I guess I should
learn a bit more about "cvs history" use, too.

Of course, updates of such items as embedded perl, variables, etc. are
well within your domain.  I appreciate those.

Why did I slack off on the Norwegian translation?  Mostly for
personal/family reasons.  On the other hand, it was also somewhat
discouraging to read your comments on debian-www, as well as having to
"fight" with your changes to the Norwegian translation (still only my
name was in <!-- translated by... --> comments).  This type of
meddling took the fun out of the "job".

Hope I am not being as crass here as I think you were.  If so, my
apologies.

-tor

--
Får i ulveklær