Re: packages.debian.org has moved. Please update translations

James A. Treacy wrote:
> packages.debian.org has moved to klecker.d.o (a much faster machine).
> Along with this, we have moved all the cgi scripts to be under that
> name. Thus, distrib/packages.wml needs to be updated. Please do so
> soon (this is an almost trivial change).

While removing the German translation and starting a new one from
scratch I stomped over this one:

Covering `testing':

  <DD>This area contains packages that are destined to become part of the
  stable distribution above. They have either not been fully tested (and
  could therefore have undiscovered important bugs) or have not been around
  long enough to make it into the stable distribution.

This is just plain wrong.  I've changed it into

  <DD>This area contains packages that are destined to become part of the
  next stable distribution.  Packages that haven't been included from
  unstable (see below) have not been around long enough to make it
  into the testing distribution or depend on packages which are not
  yet part of this distribution yet.

Hmm, for unstable it says:

  <DD>This area contains packages that haven't had sufficient testing or
  have severe bugs (some that might even cause damage to your system).</DD>

which sounds quite negative.  I have changed it to:

  <DD>This area contains packages that are currently developed by
  Debian.  All new packages and updates are uploaded to this
  distribution.  Once a package stabilizes, doesn't have any release
  critical bugs and its dependencies are fulfilled in testing, it is
  copied to the testing distribution.  Packages in unstable are
  generally untested and could
  have severe bugs (some that might even cause damage to your system).</DD>

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.