Re: packages.debian.org has moved. Please update translations

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 03:18:48PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Covering `testing':
>
>   They have either not been fully tested (and could therefore have
>   undiscovered important bugs) or have not been around long enough to make
>   it into the stable distribution.
>
> This is just plain wrong.

It's not wrong. Just because a package is in testing it doesn't mean it's
fully tested, and it certainly doesn't mean it's been long enough to make it
into stable.

>   Packages that haven't been included from unstable (see below) have not
>   been around long enough to make it into the testing distribution or
>   depend on packages which are not yet part of this distribution yet.

The first "yet" is extra, BTW.

> Hmm, for unstable it says:
>
>   <DD>This area contains packages that haven't had sufficient testing or
>   have severe bugs (some that might even cause damage to your system).</DD>
>
> which sounds quite negative.  I have changed it to:
>
>   <DD>This area contains packages that are currently developed by
>   Debian.  All new packages and updates are uploaded to this
>   distribution.  Once a package stabilizes,

That verb is ambiguous.

>   doesn't have any release critical bugs

s/any RC bugs/any more RC bugs than the one already in testing/

>   it is copied to the testing distribution.

Actually, to be precise, the package stays where it is, the DB and the
Packages/Sources files for testing get updated :)