Re: banners/

peter karlsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can someone please explain what is meant by "community ads" on the
> banners/ page? Sounds a bit strange.

Sites like linux.com, sourceforge.net, slashdot.org etc. have commercial
ads and community ads.  Some of the advertisment banners are dedicated
to the community (Debian, KDE, Gnome, ALS, LinuxTag etc.) while most
others have to be paid for by companies (Ximian, SuSE, VA<well, not on
their own pages though> etc.)

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.