Re: /international

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> $(HTMLDIR)/%.$(LANGUAGE).html: %.$(LANGUAGE).html
>    @echo copying $(@F) to $(HTMLDIR)
>    -@cp $(@F) $(HTMLDIR)
> ifeq ($(LANGUAGE),en)
>    @echo making a link $(@D)/$(*F).html -\> $(@F)
>    @ln -sf $(@F) $(@D)/$(*F).html
> endif
> endif

The underlined thing is the fix for this problem, Peter should set up that
makefile to say:

NOGENERICINSTDEP := true

before any `include' statements. And at the end of the file, add:

$(HTMLDIR)/%.$(LANGUAGE).html: %.$(LANGUAGE).html
	@echo copying $(@F) to $(HTMLDIR)
	-@cp $(@F) $(HTMLDIR)
ifeq "$(LANGUAGE)" "sv"
	@echo making a link $(@D)/$(*F).html -\> $(@F)
	@ln -sf $(@F) $(@D)/$(*F).html
endif

I'm not sure if the ifeq is necessary, I don't know if anyone would want to
translate that stuff...

> The first thing to notice is that
> webwml/$lang/international/Makefile includes webwml/$lang/Make.lang
> and
> webwml/$lang/Make.lang includes webwml/Makefile.common

(Just for the record: this is on purpose -- every little makefile includes
Makefile.common, that's why it's got the "common" suffix :)

> I suggest fixing webwml/Makefile.common so that the language that
> gets the symlink is configurable. I'm thinking of something like
> ifeq ($(LANGUAGE),$(LINKLANG))
> instead of
> ifeq ($(LANGUAGE),en)
> where LINKLANG is set by default to en, but can be overridden.

I wouldn't have anything against this, OTOH.