Re: /international

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 05:46:05AM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:

> Currently, when the makefiles install the pages, it links xxx.html ->
> xxx.en.html. How do I set it up to link xxx.html -> xxx.sv.html for
> that directory?

You need to override the following section of webwml/Makefile.common:
ifndef NOGENERICINSTDEP
$(HTMLDIR)/%.$(LANGUAGE).html: %.$(LANGUAGE).html
   @echo copying $(@F) to $(HTMLDIR)
   -@cp $(@F) $(HTMLDIR)
ifeq ($(LANGUAGE),en)
   @echo making a link $(@D)/$(*F).html -\> $(@F)
   @ln -sf $(@F) $(@D)/$(*F).html
endif
endif

The first thing to notice is that
webwml/$lang/international/Makefile includes webwml/$lang/Make.lang
and
webwml/$lang/Make.lang includes webwml/Makefile.common

I suggest fixing webwml/Makefile.common so that the language that
gets the symlink is configurable. I'm thinking of something like
ifeq ($(LANGUAGE),$(LINKLANG))
instead of
ifeq ($(LANGUAGE),en)
where LINKLANG is set by default to en, but can be overridden.
You'll have to see if you can get this to work. I'm going to bed.

I'm hoping to be back this weekend.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org