Re: /international

Peter Karlsson wrote:
> I'm thinking of splitting of /international/Swedish into several pages,
> and would thus like to create a subdir of /international:
>
> 1. Should the subdir be written with upper- or lowercase S?

I'd prefer a capital because we should have a standard way of
accessing these pages and most of the languages currently use
an initial capital. The only exception is spanish.

There is now a symlink, intl -> international, because of complaints
of the length of the urls. Personally, I think this is silly, but I'm
only one person. Additionally, there has been some interest that we
allow language abbreviations useing the two letter ISO codes. This
isn't a bad idea because it is less language specific (it is an
international standard after all). Currently, the only one is for
Chinese (zh). Thus, the following urls are equavilent:
  www.debian.org/international/Chinese
  www.debian.org/intl/zh
Please give your opinion on this.

> 2. Can I modify the Makefiles somehow to link the Swedish version in
>    that subdir to be the default (I may not translate all the pages
>    back into English)?
I'm not sure what you mean here.

--
James (Jay) Treacy