Re: SPI template

> I haven't looked into CSS much. What browsers support them? What happens
> with browsers that don't support them? If CSS's are the way to go, then
> feel free to set it up. :)

Well, according to what I've read, CSS support in "main-stream" browsers is
best in Opera (3.50+), followed by MSIE (3+, 4 is better) and Netscape (4+,
but Netscape's support is rather sucky). Best support is in Emacs-w3 and in
the W3C development browsers.

CSS essentially removes the "looks" from the HTML documents, and specifies
all the colours, fonts, margins, paddings and other magic in a separate
document (which has the nice property of being just that, separate, so that
it can be linked from all pages, and changed easily for all pages). Browsers
that do not support CSS just works as usual (not seeing the advanced
features, of course).

I've just started learning CSS myself, and I don't think that the browsers
are capable enough for entirely switching to it anytime soon. Give it a year
or so.

But it's a neat idea :-)

[Double language links on SPI pages]
> I don't see this. Was it already fixed?

It only occures on news that have other translations, and since the English
versions haven't been re-made after I added the Swedish translation, it
doesn't show there. Have a look at the Swedish version of any of the 1999
news items, and you'll see what I mean.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/