Re: SPI template

On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 02:07:53PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> I haven't looked into CSS much. What browsers support them? What happens
> with browsers that don't support them? If CSS's are the way to go, then
> feel free to set it up. :)

Recent versions of Opera, Netscape, IE, Emacs-W3 and some others understand
CSS. The support is generally buggy, especially with the major browsers.

Some good links:
  http://www.hut.fi/u/jkorpela/styles/harmful.html
  http://www.hut.fi/u/jkorpela/styles/howto.html
  http://css.nu/pointers/bugs.html
  http://haughey.com/csshorrors/

Browsers that don't support CSS will show the document in the default style.
If good authoring practice has been used, the content is perfectly legible.
This is what happens when CSS support is turned off in the supporting
browsers, too.

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)