Re: language names

"James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> writes:

> What do others think about having all the languages that appear as
> jibberish in ascii append the language name in ascii (in parentheses)?
> What about Chinese, where it is really the same language just represented
> in two different codings?

I think "character entity reference" (include "numeric character
reference") is enough useful for the problem, so I think appending
ASCII is verbose.

IMHO, if somebody doesn't think so, they had better first make an
effort to improve browsers which can't handle properly "character
entity reference".

--
Yoshizumi Endo <y-endo@ceres.dti.ne.jp>