Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

hey charles,

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 11:57:49AM -0400, Charles Fry wrote:
> A policy/HOWTO/best practices draft can be found at:
>
>    http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/webapps-common/doc/Webapps-Pear-Policy-Manual-DRAFT.html?cvsroot=webapps-common
>
> I am currently making some changes we discussed last month on the list,
> but the current "policy" is reflected in the dh-make-php Debian package.

could you let us know when you've completed doing so?  i was going to
set aside some time in the next couple days to move the contents of said
document into the larger and now completely seperate php draft, along
with what's been discussed here recently, i'll wait on the pear related
stuff until you've done so.

also, i'm beginning to get concerned with the growing number of
references to "policy" (with or without quotes).  given the knee-jerk
reactions we're likely to get (such as that which we had with steve
about a week ago), i think we should do our very best to not refer
to it as "policy" at all, but instead "best practices" or at the very
least "policy draft".

	sean