Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

Modify default include_path, so you can choose if PEAR packages should be more important that Debian's ones. That why I suggest so long default include_path:

.:/etc/php:/usr/local/share/php/5.0:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php/5.0:/usr/share/php:/usr/local/share/php

The most important are libraries installed into /etc/php, then installed by Debian package, and at last, installed manually. That way works for Perl packages (from Debian packages and from CPAN packages) for years!

It is the problem of PEAR packaging system, not the Debian packaging
system. The Debian package can be installed into /usr/share/php4 for PHP4
and /usr/share/php5 for PHP5. The PEAR itself just supports only one
directory, so you have to choose which one you want to install.
but  adodb  inst pear  module,,  it is a project  out of pear project.

so you can't install it by PEAR? Then should be installed manually into /usr/local/share/php/$VERSION or into /usr/share/php$VERSION by Debian package...?

hum,  but some classes works in both php versions,
but  we can do like python packages,,

Well, what more quastions we have about ?

What are we waiting to create a policy ?

Jose Carlos