Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

> dh-make-php  is what I was thinking...
> its better than  policy you told.

Absolutely. But as you have noticed it as a program and not a policy.

In all fairness to Pierre (the author of the current "policy" document),
the current dh-make-php includes a number of modifications that I
suggested based on Pierre's document (thanks to Uwe for working them
into his cool package).

> does Uwe Steinmann  working in this policy ?

Noone is working on the policy. I just thought it would be good to have
one, and Pierre's document (despite the pseudo-code, which is very
clever, if not a bit confusing) identifies most of the important high
level issues, so we took that as a starting point.

I had intended to update the pseudo-code with that from dh-make-php, but
don't have the time just now.

> I would like to write a policy to pear,php, pecl packages based on
> dh-make-php.

That would be awesome. :-)

I would personally recommend using Pierre's document as a starting
point, as it is very well thought out.

> But I need the rules  about directories  where will be put  php files, etc.
> I think,, dh-make-php  do all we need  ,   and  ideas from Piotr  too.

A good initial start would be to simply replace the pseudo-code with
code created by dh-make-php for some module.

> What person can I talk about ?

Put together a draft, and post it to this list so that we can comment on
it. Consistency with the principles in the current document should be
maintained.

> there was another person working with this policy ?

Not really. Pierre wrote the document, but lacked the time to update it.
I used his ideas to get dh-make-php consistent with the current
"policy", and that is where we stand now. The current document has all
the high level ideas, and dh-make-php has a fine implementation of them.
;-)

Charles

--
Join