Are Martin and Sam's platforms equivalent?

Thanks to all candidates for putting together your rebuttals. It's
always good to see lots of "if elected, I plan to work with other
candidates"

Martin, do you really see "lot of parallels" with Sam's platform?

Sam's platform is all about innovative people mechanics. I would much
rather prefer a DPL that works _less_, but having DPL and not just DDs
propose GRs and bring up issues to tech-ctte is interesting.

The question is _what_ would be up for discussion, given it's only a
year. Sam's platform is principled about the DPL not having an agenda
and OK with leaving some things as they are. In Sam's platform, the
difficulty of making changes in Debian is a "perception".

I don't think any platform in this vote can be reduced to "what's your
position re. Stapelberg" (it's been a great debate) and Martin's
platform is more about questioning status quo... so much so that he
acknowledges the platform is highly critical of Debian (in a good way IMHO)

I get that no one wants to run for DPL on a platform of "let's get rid
of the DPL" but Sam says he doesn't "see significant changes in
governance required" while Martin mentions "change" 9 times, including:
"I think Debian has reached a point where it's important to
fundamentally rethink how our community operates"

It's also clear there's a different approach to money and resources in
the two platforms. I like it that we see opportunities to work together
but I don't think these platforms are equivalent or differ only in the
personal style of the candidate.