Re: Conflict of Interest Statement for Joerg Jaspert

On 15353 March 1977, martin f. krafft wrote:
I am holding positions of power in Debian
What does this mean in the context of you running for DPL? Will you hold on to these roles, or give them up?

Thats part of my platform:

7 What with your delegations?

Lets start with the most important one in this context, DAM. The
constitution is simple there. $8.1.2 is specific for this. It says:

   The Project Leader's Delegates:

   […]

   may make certain decisions which the Leader may not make directly,
   including approving or expelling Developers or designating people as
   Developers who do not maintain packages. This is to avoid
   concentration of power, particularly over membership as a Developer,
   in the hands of the Project Leader.

The simple takeaway here is that, should I get elected, I will resign from DAM.

Besides the above quote the constitution only forbids the secretary and
the chair of the CTTE to be DPL, so I do not see any conflict with
keeping my other delegation, FTPMaster. That is, until the moment I
would need to update it, then I would need to resign from that, as a DPL
may not delegate to themself.

bye, Joerg