Conflict of Interest Statement for Joerg Jaspert

Hi

* Conflict of interest: I'm happy to see that your and Joerg's
employers would support your DPL activities.  However, I've no idea who
they are or what they want from Debian.  Maybe they use Debian and
want to give back with no strings attached, but I could definitely see
a situation where a company tries to exert undue influence over Debian
by having the DPL on payroll.

Right. A theoretical concern, but nothing more than that. I am holding
positions of power in Debian (and other projects) for so long, that my
work contract has conditions in it addressing such a possibility. Even
better, (though not much important here) I have conditions that code I
write will be licensed using a DFSG free license (minus parts that are
actual (customer) secrets)..

I work for a small company based in Darmstadt with a large customer a
big german airline, me working in Frankfurt. Noone, not my boss, not
anyone of those from the customer I work with, has ever tried to have me
do $whatever using any of my Debian hats. They sure know I have them
(and am nominated to get one more) and are happy about that, but that's
all.

--
bye, Joerg