Re: Debian presence on newer platforms

    Ansgar> Hi, a lot of communication in Debian happens over IRC.
    Ansgar> However IRC is not as nice to use as newer alternatives,
    Ansgar> creating a barrier for newer contributors.

    Ansgar> Do you think Debian should be more active to establish
    Ansgar> (official) presence on newer platforms?

I've been looking at Matrix too and it seems kind of nice.
There already seem to be a number of channels related to Debian (or
gatewayed from oftc) on Matrix.

I think that we're still in the initial explorations stage of this work.
Interested people should explore technologies and put together something
concrete.

This isn't something I would drive as DPL myself, but it's something
where I'd be happy to work with someone who did want to drive it.
Is this something interesting enough to you that you'd like to drive or
be involved in such an effort?