Re: Q to all candidates: SWOT analysis

* Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> [2019-03-20 10:08]:
> * What are the main 2-4 strengths of Debian today?

Great reputation for stability and technical excellence

Developer community with diverse skill set

> * What are the main 2-4 weaknesses of Debian today?

A culture that has suffocated innovation to some extent

Bad reputation for flamewars (I think partly unjustified since this
has improved a lot; but reputation is hard to change and partly it's a
self-fulfilling prophecy)

Lack of documentation

> * What are the main 2-4 external things happening in the world outside
>   Debian, and that are "opportunities" for Debian?

Cloud and the need for a reliable OS

The growing understanding that it's worthwhile to produce a FOSS OS
the FOSS way (i.e. as a collaborative project rather than a single
vendor).

> * What are the main 2-4 external things happening in the world outside
>   Debian, and that are "threats" for Debian?

Mobile computing where Debian has little to offer

A changing business environment to which Debian is not adapting

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/