Re: DPL 2019 nomination

    Andrey> On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 06:13:49PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> I am assuming that the DPL role will take 15 hours a week
    Andrey> For all 52 weeks? This sounds harsh.

I assure you that I can find things to fill any extra time between
Debian and my day job.
I'm sure there will be weeks where it takes less.
However, I know that I spent around 10 hours a week in January this year
just keeping up with -private and -project and trying to provide
meaningful comments that did not  increase the friction in the
discussions.  (Then I went and went on to work on packages)
I would imagine that Chris, the account managers and the antiharassment
team were all trying to keep up with those lists and then some.
A few weeks of that will make up for a number of weeks where it takes up
less time.

I'd really like to get the average down to around 10 hours a week.  If
it turns out that former DPLs I talked to were conservative and the
average is already closer to 10, that's great.  When figuring out if I
can commit to something I like to be conservative.

So, I hope you're right and that 15 hours is too high.
I came at that number by talking to people who had done the job and
comparing what they said to experience of past jobs I have performed.