Re: DPL 2019 nomination

    Mattia> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 09:38:52AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> I've been pondering this over the last week and dealing with
    >> things like getting authorization from my employer.

    Mattia> Can you share more details on your availability?  I.e., how
    Mattia> many hours a week does your employer allow you to spend on
    Mattia> DPL duties?  etc, etc.

I am assuming that the DPL role will take 15 hours a week but that it
may burst to significantly more than that.

Through delegating tasks and assembling a team to work with I'm hoping
to scale that down to around 10 hours a week, but I'm prepared for the
15 if necessary.

My employer is supporting my efforts, but I think the specific breakdown
in how much of that time happens during the work day and how much of my
personal time I dedicate to Debian is something that  isn't important to
anyone besides my employer and I.
I am confident in my ability to perform the job.

I have successfully performed the role of Security Area Director (IESG
member) for the IETF while working as the Chief Technologist for the MIt
Kerberos Consortium.  That is, I was reviewing all the RFCs as they came
up for approval while also holding down a day job and managing a number
of working groups (teams) that reported to me.

The DPL role is very different than the IESG role, but I have the
experience to take on a significant volunteer role while also meeting my
responsibilities to my employer.

You also asked about my other areas of focus as DPL.  I've just sent a
copy of my platform to the secretary.  Once that's posted I'd be
delighted to discuss any other questions of focus you have.

Thanks,

--Sam