Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 11:47:52AM +0100, Daniel wrote:
> On 10/03/2019 11:37, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> >> Why do you want to taint the elections with more bullying, insulting and
> >> disrespectful comments?

> > He's telling the truth, nothing more.

> > Daniel, I don't know what you think you're trying to achieve here, but

> That was explained in the platform, please read it again until you do
> understand

> > nothing positive is happening. Please stop.

> Instead of making condescending comments like that, feel free to put up
> your own platform or respond to the points in mine.  But don't treat
> other developers like children with silly comments like "Please stop"

You began your message commenting that people had contacted you encouraging
you to run for DPL.  These people are either ignorant of, or indifferent to,
Debian's constitutional framework.

Rather than correcting any possible misunderstandings on the part of these
individuals regarding your eligibility to stand for office, you are obliging
them by posting a platform to this public mailing list that implies that you
are a candidate for DPL, and directly misrepresents yourself as being a
Debian Developer, which is not a status that you hold.

You are clearly acting in bad faith.  If I were to guess at your motives, I
would presume you are playing to an audience of people who are not members
of the Debian Project, in order to bring pressure to bear on the project on
your behalf.

But whether that is your motivation or not, it is unconstructive to engage
in the substance of a platform that has been posted in bad faith.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/